Video CD Package Feature:
- The product consists of one Video CD and its corresponding teaching materials.
- The content of the Video CD is the demonstration and disintegrated movements of Simplified Woo style Tai Chi Chuan. In the book, each form is illustrated in detail, including its characteristics, technical key points and other aspects to be paid attention to, etc.
- The Simplified Woo Tai Chi version includ 45 Forms.
- The Video CD is appropriate for Tai Chi Chuan beginners.
The Structure Of Simplified Woo Tai Chi:
The layout of the routine is arranged symmetrically to the front and back, and the left and right, using the center of the competition floor as a standard. There are 16 single movements that are done on both the left and right sides of the body which demonstrate the symmetrical characteristics of Woo style.
In terms of the arrangement, there are a lot of movements that are symmetrical on both the left and right sides in order to develop the balance and provide an overall training throughout the routine.
Segment 1 consists of 14 movements stressing upon the “brush knee and twist step” and so on to practice the basic framework and techniques.
Segment 2 includes 7 movements mainly focusing on the movements of the “tuck in robes”, “parting the wild horse's mane” and “jade girl working with shuttles” etc. to train the retreating steps.
Segment 3 has 9 movements such as “wave hands like cloud”, “toes kick”, and “heel kick” focusing on the quick and exquisite applications of the legs to practice the stability.
Segment 4 has 15 movements including “push down”, “back step and straddle the tiger”, and “turn body with lotus kick” etc. to learn the distinctive changes between the high and low movements.
The Technique Of Simplified Woo Tai Chi
- The competition routine of Woo style Tai Chi Chuan has its own characteristics as the follows: The movements are moderately wide, compact and balanced; the momentum is elegant and refined, delicate and agile; the connection between the movements is fine and smooth, natural and relaxed; the speed is constant and continuous without intervals in between. The whole training is focused mainly on the softness.
About Tai Chi Chuan Information, Please refer:
What is Tai Chi Chuan and its genre origin?
Media: Video CD & Book
Language: English & Chinese
Note: Attached in our Video CDs is a player software free from installation for convenient watching. Open the Video CDs and click the video-play icon to run automatically. Of course, if you like you may open it with other video playing software or Media Play of Microsoft. It can be played with QuickTime on Macintosh platform or with DVD and Video CD Player at home.